Friday 6 May 2016

Homemade Slow Cooker Chilli


Not my picture but exactly how it turns out



My Hubby has been asking me to make this since I mentioned it and it literally is one of the easiest and quickest dishes to make ever, you can vary the amount of flavor and spiciness according to your family and tastes but this worked for everyone.

Our slow cooker is seriously the best investment in our kitchen and it saves so much time I highly recommend investing in one if you do not have one!

Ingredients

500g ground beef

1 large onion diced

1 red or green pepper diced

1 clove of garlic minced or a 1tbsp of crushed garlic

1 can of diced tomato

250g  Berlotti beans

250g Butterbeans

2 tablespoons chili powder

1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin

Dash of Worcester sauce

Pinch of salt

1 stock pot 

* you can vary the beans as well my kids really enjoy the butter beans and I had Berlotti beans in the cupboard already so I used what I had

Directions
 
            Throw everything into the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours       

It seriously is divine and I just served it with some buttered bread which the kids and hubby loved so much. 

  

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to make this. It looks so easy!

    PS do little ones still eat it with the chili powder in this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was so quick and easy and yes my kids did eat it my youngest is 2 however my suggestion is add half the curry powder and then after 4 hours taste and add the rest and I used the mild curry powder as well

    ReplyDelete