Monday 1 February 2016

Veggie Mondays- Veggie Fried Rice

So I said on a previous blog that I am trying to transition to a more veggie orientated diet, I still eat meat I am not vegetarian but I am incorporating more veggie meals into our monthly meal plans and so I decided to share a recipe every Monday for you all to make at home.

Tonight's meal was absolutely amazing seriously my hubby and Jesse both went mad for it and it was incredibly simple and cheap to make so here it goes.

YUM!!!

Ingredients:

1 cup diced broccoli florets
1 cups diced carrots
1 cup diced onion
1 diced red pepper
2 cups cooked brown rice
4 eggs
6 table spoons soy sauce
olive oil 

Toss all your veggies into a large saucepan or wok and toss in some olive oil, saute until the veggies are soft, push your veggies to the side break the eggs in the open space and scramble until cooked through.

Mix it all up and add the rice and the soy sauce.

Voila, simple and tasty.

You can add some meat strips if you really want to, you can also add peas or corn but this was incredibly tasty and wonderful on its own, and it made enough that we have left overs so it would have fed all of us if the boys were home.

I will definitely be making this again in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment